Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Awesome and unusual Road Trip

I did my schooling and college in India.After finishing my bachelor's in engineering I had to choose between career and further studies.I choose further studies and decided to do Masters in Computer science from Rochester institute of Technology,New York,United States of America.It was an first time wonderful experience.The culture was different,rules,laws,ways of transport,education system on the whole the lifestyle of people in America was very different.It took time for me to get accustomed to it.The place where I stayed was an isolated place from the commercial stores, the method of transport here in was just car.It is weird that in America public transport is less everyone prefers to have a car ride.As I did not know car driving I learnt the car driving in Spring ad got a licence.As the time passed by winter came and since we had holidays in winter few of friends and me decided to go from Rochester to Time Square in New York city by car.We had a Hyundai Elantra car and started our journey in the morning. It is about 7 hours drive in the car and we had already made arrangements to switch between drivers.I started the driving from Rochester as soon as I drove half a mile I found out that this was the most adventurous road trip of mine I can ever imagine.This was an unusual experience as I had to drive through the roads covered by snow,I somehow manage to drive sticking to the steering wheel on white snow but as we advanced to Newark I found out that this is going to be skiing rather than driving because the roads were covered by black ice which caused the real danger.As I drove the car I am not able to recognize the black ice and our car got out of control.We felt as though we were taking ride on a slide.It was an amazing and unusual experience and with lot of difficulty we reached New York.The Time Square was awesome and this marked my memorable and unforgettable journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment